M4siz Limited Privacy and Customer Data Retention Policy
At M4siz, we are committed to protecting your privacy and data security. Users of web sites are concerned about the information that is gathered about your visit to our Web Site and how that information may be used. We invite you to visit our Site without revealing who you are. However, if you choose to give M4siz personal information voluntarily, for example by using our “Enquire Online” page we will only use the personal data you give us in accordance with this Privacy Statement and are committed to safeguarding the personal information collected. GDPR (2016) regulations require that any data retained by M4siz is the result of an affirmative act by the client or potential client. M4siz may be required to share your communication information, related data and content. This will only occur when consent exists, to comply with legal process, or to protect M4siz and our users. When we have your consent or if we believe that disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with a law, regulation or legal request; to protect the safety, rights, or property of the public, any person, or M4siz; or to detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues. If we receive a law enforcement or other third-party request for information we will provide prior notice to the subject of the request where we are legally permitted so to do.
Fair and Lawful Processing
Many of the current regulations and processes M4siz adhere to require a person to be named as the subscriber for the service. An example of this may be a telephone number or broadband service that cannot be anonymous or unnamed or without an address for installation or emergency services purposes. Person(s) wishing to continue with services should, therefore, offer an alternative to allow M4siz to continue being able to continue providing existing services.
Information M4siz collects
M4siz collects different kinds of information. Some of it is personally identifiable and some are non-identifying or aggregated. M4siz collects Personal information that you voluntarily submit, it is M4siz’s intent to inform you for the reason this information is being requested and how it is going to be used. Such information might include:
- Account Information – This includes all the information under your account details within our web portal. It includes names and full contact details for the individual or business that created the account. This is vital for accounting purposes and conforming to our regulatory provisions for providing accurate access to the emergency services;
- Call detail records (CDRs) – This is a record of the communication that has traversed the M4siz network or through third party telephony providers where M4siz is an authorised data user. It typically includes a source, destination and duration although it can also include quality metrics and fraud prevention data too. CDRs allow us to create an itemised bill for you which forms part of our accounting procedures;
- Payment Records – M4siz retains a transaction history of purchases made for products and services. This is fundamental to our accounting processes. M4siz will not sell, distribute, or give your personal information to any third party without your knowledge and consent. We may use the personal information you have provided to us to inform you by letter, telephone, email and other electronic methods, about the M4siz brand or other services which we think may be of interest to you. You may tell us at any time by emailing Sales if you do not wish to receive any marketing communications from us and we will remove you from our mailing lists. M4siz shall not be liable for any personal information that you submit to external vendors or to any web site linked to this Site.
When you visit our Site, some information such as your IP address, Internet service provider, the M4siz from which you arrived, and the time and date of your visit may be collected automatically as part of the software operation of this Site. This intake of information is entirely anonymous and will not be passed to any third parties. M4Siz uses this information solely for internal marketing purposes to help us understand how our site is used, which pages are more frequently visited and how we can continuously improve our site.
A cookie is an element of data that a web site can send to your browser which may then store it on your system. Most browsers will automatically accept a cookie but it is possible to set your browser to notify you prior to it being sent and at which point you can accept or reject it. You can also set your browser to turn off cookies. If you disable cookies from your browser you may not be able to access certain features of our site.
Third Party Links
How M4siz use your Data
By the nature of the products and services run by M4siz there will be a legitimate interst to use your data to run our business efficiently and help improve our products and services:
- M4siz protects your privacy and may have to prevent, investigate or respond to legitimate requests from authorities to prevent abuse and fraud;
- M4siz will respond to your product or service for sales or support requirements and this may involve retaining and using it to provide a solution;
- M4siz will contact you using email from time to time advising you of service or products updates or for accountancy and billing issues. These are considered part of your contracted service and cannot opt out from these notices.
M4siz and retention of Data
M4siz will only retain data essential to the efficient running of your service or products contract with us Call records are retained for 12 months then deleted; Depending on the type of product or service contracted, where a client chooses to de-activate an Account then account data will only be held if there is a valid and legitimate reason so to do and any archived data will be held for a maximum period of 15 years; Where we communicate with you such data via webchats, emails etc will only be held if there is a valid and legitimate reason so to do and any archived data will be held for a maximum period of 15 years; Payment data and credit card data is not processed or retained by M4siz. All sensitive transactional payment data is processed and stored in accordance with PCI-DSS regulations by our payment providers Bogus use of Log-in and Emails We will never ask you by email to confirm or divulge your log in details, email address and/or password. If you do receive a suspicious email like this please delete it straight away and contact your customer service adviser immediately.
M4siz does not process data or store data outside of the EU.
M4siz takes data security seriously and takes all reasonable steps to prevent lose, abuse or misuse and unauthorised access or disclosure. We follow the generally accepted standards to protect your personal data. Where you provide sensitive data to use then we encrypt the data using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Contacting M4siz Limited
If you have any question or query about this privacy statement you can contact us by email at information or call us on +44 (0) 208 242 1788